Celebrate your birthday by supporting the FBI Norfolk CAAA. Encourage your Facebook friends to send “you” a gift by donating to the FBI Norfolk CAAA. Simply add the fundraiser in a post on your timeline and invite your friends. Facebook doesn’t take any money – all the donations go directly to the FBI Norfolk CAAA.
HOW TO SET UP A FUNDRAISER IN SIX EASY STEPS:
1) Go to your Facebook account
2) Go to your 'home' page, and look on the left side column. You should see the 'fundraiser' option under "Create" at the bottom. Click on "fundraiser" and Facebook will walk you through.
3) Pick your charity “FBI Norfolk Citizens Academy Alumni Association”
4) Set your fundraising goal and time-frame. We've seen many successful fundraisers at $200 or even $500 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can always raise the amount if you particularly like to challenge your friends.
5) Invite people on your friends' list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you're giving them an opportunity to participate in something large and global. No problem if they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time - you've at least extended an invitation.
6) Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Seriously, these people are donating to the FBI Norfolk CAAA because of YOU - because they love you, they appreciate you, they think you're the bee's knees.
When the fundraiser is over, our organization will receive a check for the FULL amount that your friends donated.